Dr. Andrew Hartmann is fellowship-trained in upper extremity surgery and specializes in hand, elbow and shoulder surgery. He strives to provide effective and innovative treatments for his patients. Dr. Hartmann believes combining surgical expertise with state-of-the-art techniques is essential to provide the best outcomes and improve quality of life.
Dr. Hartmann works closely with his rehabilitation team to customize treatment programs and restore function. Dr. Hartmann was drawn to medicine by a love of science and the complexity of the human form; however, he finds that patient care is the most rewarding aspect of his practice. When not in the office or operating room, he enjoys spending time with his family, surfing and travel.
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Surgery of the Hand, 2008
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, 2007
- Medical University of South Carolina, MD, 1998
- Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine, General Surgery
- Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery
- University of California, San Diego, Orthopedic Surgery, Hand, 2004