- 1975 – 79 U.S. Naval Academy, Bachelor of Science, Physics
- 1983 – 84 University of California at Berkeley
- 1984 – 88 Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Edward Hebert School of Medicine
- May 1979 Commissioned into U.S. Navy
- 1979 – 83 Served in USS Niagara Falls as Commmunications Officer and Navigator
- 1983 – 84 Director, Cryptographic Technical Maintenance School, Mare Island CA
- 1989 – 90 General Medical Officer, Third Force Service Support Group , Okinawa
Graduate Medical Education
- 1988 – 89 Transitional Internship, Naval Hospital San Diego
- 1990 – 94 Orthopedic Residency, Naval Hospital San Diego
- 1995 – 96 Fellowship Adult Reconconstructive Surgery Mayo ClinicRochester, Minnesota
Post Residency Assignments
- 1994 – 95 Staff Orthopedist and Director of Surgical Services Naval Hospital Guantanamo Bay
- 1996 – 2003 Staff Orthopedist and Director Adult Reconstructive Service Naval Medical Center San Diego CA
- 1998 – 2003 Vice- Chairman, Department of Orthopedics NMCSD
- 4/03 – 9/03 Staff Orthopedic Surgeon Kaiser Permanente San Diego
- 9/03 – present Private Practice, Orthopedic Medical Group of San Diego
- 2012 – present Co- Director of San Diego Hip Preservation Center of Excellence
Awards & Honors
- 1979 Sigma Pi Sigma, Physics Honor Society
- 1987 Alpha Omega Alpha
- 1988 Navy League Award for Leadership and Academic Excellence
- Military Navy Commendation Medal (3), Joint Services Acheivement Medal, Meritorious Unit Citation (2), Meritorious Service Medal
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, 1998
- Recertification 2008
- 1996 Clinical Instructor, Orthopedic Surgery, Uniformed Services University
- 2003 Volunteer Adjunct Faculty University of California San Diego
- 2011 Reviewer Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research
- 2012 Director of Fellowship In Hip Preservation
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member California Orthopedic Association
- Society of Military Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgery
- Evidence Based Medicine Committee
- Health Policy Committee
- WOA San Diego Chapter President/Board member 2008-2013
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Society of Hip Arthroscopy
- Member of Wilson Bost Interurban Society 2011- present
- Sharp Coronado – Staff , Chief of Surgery 2009-2012
- Sharp Memorial – Vice Chairman Department of Orthopedics 2011-2014
Chairman Department of Orthopedics 2015
- Kaiser Permanente – Consultant 2003-2012
- UCSD – Consultant/ Volunteer Faculty
- Chaiirman Department of Orthopedics Sharp Memorial Hospital 2015- present
- Hip and Knee reconstruction Co-chair SICOT 2002
- Scientific Program Chairman SOMOS 2002
- Faculty UCSD Cartilage Symposium 2001/2002
- William Hennrikus , T. J. O’Brien and M.P. Muldoon,Skin Testing of Orthopedic Patients with Penicillin Allergy, Surgical Forum, 1990.
- Muldoon, MP, Rothen R, Padgett D and Cady G, Failure of a non-porous acetabular component inserted without cement in primary total hip arthroplasty. JBJS 78A ,1486-1490.
- Cullison TC, Muldoon MP, and Gorman T, DeepVenous Thrombosis in ACL reconstruction. J Arthroscopy, Dec 1996.
- Muldoon MP and Cofield R, Complications of Proximal humerus replacement for Trauma. Instructional Course Lectures 1997.
- Mitts K, Muldoon MP and Gladden M, Instability following TKA using the Miller Galante II system. J Arthroplasty 2001
- McBride, M and Muldoon M, Idiopathic Protrusio Acetabulae, JAAOS 2001
- Nelson, F, Santore R and Muldoon M, Modified Iliac Osteotomy in peri acetabular Osteotomy, Journal Orthopedic Technique. 2000
- Schroder DT, Provencher MT, Mologne TS, Muldoon MP, Cox JS.The modified Bristow procedure for anterior shoulder instability: 26-year outcomes in Naval Academy midshipmen.
Am J Sports Med. 2006 May;34(5):778-86. Epub 2006 Jan 6.
- Carney JR, Mologne TS, Muldoon M, Cox JS..Long-term evaluation of the Roux-Elmslie-Trillat procedure for patellar instability: a 26-year follow-up. Am J Sports Med. 2005 Aug;33(8):1220-3. Epub 2005 Jul 6.
- Provencher MT, Hofmeister EP, Muldoon MP.The surgical treatment of external coxa saltans (the snapping hip) by Z-plasty of the iliotibial band. Am J Sports Med. 2004 Mar;32(2):470-6.
- Muldoon MP, Padgett DE, Sweet DE, Deuster PA, Mack GR.Femoral neck stress fractures and metabolic bone disease. 2001.J Orthop Trauma. 2003 Sep;17(8 Suppl):S12-6. No abstract available.
- Weistroffer JK, Muldoon MP, Duncan DD, Fletcher EH, Padgett DE.Femoral neck stress fractures: outcome analysis at minimum five-year follow-up. J Orthop Trauma. 2003 May;17(5):334-7.
- Antevil JL, Muldoon MP, Battaglia M, Green R.Intraoperative anaphylactic shock associated with bacitracin irrigation during revision total knee arthroplasty. A case report.
J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003 Feb;85-A(2):339-42. No abstract available.
- Holley K, Muldoon M, Tasker S.Coccidioides immitis osteomyelitis: a case series review.
Orthopedics. 2002 Aug;25(8):
- Combined arthroscopic and modified open approach for cam femoroacetabular impingement: a preliminary experience.Lincoln M, Johnston K, Muldoon M, Santore R.
Arthroscopy. 2009 Apr;25(4):392-9.
Accepted Pending Publication
- Venn-Watson, Eric , MPMuldoon and RF Santore, Periacetabular Osteotomy Outcomes in a Military Population. CORR
- Submitted: CR Gooding MP Muldoon and RF Santore , Hip Arthoroscopy in Middle aged patients J Arthroscopy
Recent Presentation / Invited talks
- CASA Sept 2007 – Joint Reconstruction in the outpatient setting
- WOA San Diego July 2007 – Adjunctive Hip arthroscopy in the treatment of acetabular dysplasia
- WOA San Diego Chapter Feb 2007 – Advances in Hip Arthroscopy
- ASME New Frontiers, June 2007 Periprosthetic fraxtures
- AAOs 2008 Scientific exhibit – Adjunctive arthroscopy in the treatment of acetabular dysplasia
- Sharp Health care Symposium 2008- Hip Arthroscopy -Emerging strategies
- CMA Fresno Maderal chapter 2008 – Treatment of Hip and Knee Arthritis
- COA Invited speaker 2005 Periprosthetic Fractures
- AAOS Scientific Program 2006,2008
- Local WOA speaker Annual meeting 2005,2007
- Sharp Health Care System Invited speaker 2008, 2014
- Faculty and Course Co- Director Smith Nephew Masters Course in Hip Arthroscopy 2009/2010
- ASME – Frontiers in Biotechnology 2008 Invited speaker
- MAYO CLINIC ORTHOPEDIC MEETING, Presenter/Faculty September 2011
- AANA Masters Course in Hip Arthroscopy March 2011 Instructor and July 2011/ June2013/June 2014/October 2015
- International Society of Hip Arthroscopy Paris 2011 Hip arthoroscopy in Middle Aged Patients(poster)
- International Society of Hip Arthroscopy Munich 2013 Management of Acetabular Retroversion/ Use of 3D CT scans in FAI ( Poster)
- AANA 2013 Presentation Hip arthroscopy in Middle Aged Patients
- International Society of Hip Arthroscopy Rio De Janiero 2014 – PAO and Hip Arthroscopy
- ISHA 2015 Cambridge England: Debator on Natural History of FAI; ICL Limits of Hip Arthroscopy; Intraarticular Lipoma of the hip- Arthroscopic management